Episode 029: July 1977
Issue/s: Amazing Spider-Man #173 and X-Men #107
Listen here: Crusader Chronicles - Episode 029: July 1977
If musical genius Joe November were on this episode he might say this Crusader Chronicles, featuring Spider-Man 173 and Uncanny X-Men 107, is on fire! Alas, Joe isn't here. You're stuck with team LBC, not a bad 2nd place if you ask us...good enough for $10 if you're playing Monopoly (and pull the community chest card...We digress...)
Podcast promo - Anime Freaks- [0:08:29]
1st Comic Issue Review/Discussion [0:010:29]
Podcast promo - WHO’S WHO – THE DEFINITIVE PODCAST OF THE DC UNIVERSE [0:39:54]
2nd Comic Issue Review/Discussion [0:40:56]
Podcast promo - Waiting for Doom - [1:12:24]
Crusader Comments [1:14:21]
Check out Jarrod Alberich, The Yard Sale Artist website at: https://theyardsaleartist.bigcartel.com/
Let us know what you think!
Leave a comment by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This podcast is a member of the LONGBOX CRUSADE NETWORK:
Visit the WEBSITE: https://longboxcrusaderchronicles.blogspot.com/ or http://www.longboxcrusade.com/
Follow on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/LongboxCrusade
Follow on INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/longboxcrusade
Like the FACEBOOK page: https://www.facebook.com/LongboxCrusade
Subscribe to the YOUTUBE Channel: https://goo.gl/4Lkhov
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes at:
Or the main Longbox Crusade podcast on iTunes at:
Thank you for listening and we hope you have enjoyed this episode of the Longbox Crusade: Crusader Chronicles.
Please join us for the next episode as we continue on the crusade to "Read Them All!"
All songs, sound clips, and characters discussed are copyright of their respective copyright holders, and no infringement is intended. It is for entertainment purpose only.
Another good time with the Crusaders. Random thoughts follow:ReplyDelete
1. D'lvin needs to say "Begorrah" more often. Laughed so hard I dropped my shillelagh. (Woop! Spelled both words right first try!)
2. Great Spidey issue. It gets a Four-leaf clover from me.
3. Another kudo for D'lvin on Molten Man. Nailed it.
4. X-Men was pretty cool, but gotta agree with J'rrod, Claremont rushing the story really hurts it.
5. Pardon if you guys knew this. Gladiator and the Imperial Guard is a riff on Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Since I recognized them, that makes it feel less confusing and more of a challenge, trying to match up Legionnaires with Imperials. Also it was fun for Cockrum since he was the LSH artist before X-Men. But! A reader should not HAVE to know stuff like that to enjoy a story, and I think that line is crossed here. Too bad. Three-asco.
6. I'm sorry, but it was too funny having J'rrod sound like D'lvin on Star Wars for this X-Men issue, and J'son bringing the fan rage. Now calm down, guys. Go potty like P'at, take a load off.
Till next time!